Hello all. Our motto is "Everything for a healthy life". In this article, we are going to think more about electrotherapy and its advantages and disadvantages.
To begin with, Electrotherapy had been around for a little more than 100 years. To describe the process, we can say that it is an electric shock treatment for psychiatric illness. As a medical treatment, Electrotherapy uses small electrical impulses from a variety of different sources in order to stimulate the muscles, repair tissue and also to improve muscle strength. The developer of this treatment is Guillaime Duchenne. He found that the muscle contractions at higher voltage are much more effective than at a lower voltage.
There are a lot of benefits and some of them are:
* An accelerated healing process;
* Increasing blood flow to the injured area;
* Reducing inflammation;
* Increased strength;
* Better movement;
* Increasing muscle tone;
and of course pain reduction. It is also a cure for sprains, injures (just like a tennis elbow) and also a chronic pain.
The disadvantages are that it should not be used:
* of an injury if it is still bleeding;
* over infected or cancerous tissue;
* over the back of pregnant women;
* and also on sensitive areas (such as testicles);
* It could lead to an allergic skin irritation under the pads or pain from the electrical charge. But these side effects are VERY rare.
Electrotherapy is offered by a lot of physical therapists worldwide and also at specialized medical spas. They also recommend a special Electrotherapy Equipment for best results. Thank you for reading my article. I hope I managed to help you understand more about electrotherapy. And, once again, "Everything for a healthy life".
If you like this article, Share it with the world: